Steps to Make an Oil Change Easy
Oil Changing Tips From the Experts
- For Mobile Mechanic Services in Huntington Beach go to Mobile Mechanic Huntington Beach
- If the engine is cold, start it and let it run for five minutes to warm the oil. If it’s hot, wait at least 30 minutes to avoid getting burned.
- Never use an adjustable wrench or socket on the drain plug. Use the properly sized box-end wrench, usually metric, for the plug.
- Always use jack stands. Never work under a car that’s supported by a jack only.
- Use new oil to coat the oil filter gasket before spinning it on.
- Always hand-tighten the filter. Never use a filter wrench.
- Find an oil/oil filter recycling center near you by doing an internet search.
- Line up all the oil bottles you’ll need for the fill so you don’t lose count along the way.